Dr Trisha Kivisalu
Dr. Kivisalu is a Registered Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia. Dr. Kivisalu has completed a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and also possesses a prior, separate, Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology.
Dr. Kivisalu has experience working in private practice, university academic settings, hospital setting, community organizations, employee assistance programs, and mental health clinics. Dr. Kivisalu has experience working with people who are diverse in age, education, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, culture and ethnicity. In addition, Dr, Kivisalu has experience working with undergraduate and graduate students as well as with health professionals throughout their training, practicum, internship/residency experiences and in their practice (including MDs, Ph.D.’s, OTs, PTs, SLPs, & EMTs).
Dr. Kivisalu has experience working to help individuals with:
- Academic stress
- Adjustment related concerns
- Anxiety symptoms (including specific phobias)
- Depression symptoms
- Body-focused repetitive behaviors (such as Trichotillomania)
- Life transitions and Imposter phenomenon
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder symptoms and/or Intrusive Thoughts
- Self-Esteem/Self-Confidence and building Healthy Self-Talk
- Stress Management
- Work-Life Balance
Dr. Kivisalu’s approach to therapy is evidence-based and integrated, including
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT),
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP),
- Narrative Therapy,
- Mindfulness-based interventions,
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Dr. Kivisalu works collaboratively with each person to determine treatment goals and tailor therapy to the unique presenting concerns of each person while integrating evidence-based practices in treatment.
To make an appointment with Dr Kivisalu, please call Changeways Clinic at 604 871 0490 during office hours, or email us at email@example.com.