Dr. Jaleh Shahin
Please Note: Dr Shahin is not currently accepting new clients at this time.
Dr. Jaleh Shahin is a consulting psychologist at Changeways Clinic in Vancouver.
Dr. Shahin has completed a Doctorate and a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology from the University of Alberta. Dr. Shahin’s clinical and scholarly work has included a special emphasis on medical professionals’ mental health and wellbeing. This continues to be an area of particular interest for her.
Clinically, Dr. Shahin has worked with children, youth and their families on a multidisciplinary team at the Child and Family Psychiatry Unit (CFPU) at Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta. She has also worked extensively with adults in various settings including primary care, university clinics and private practice. She has extensive experience providing mental health services including diagnosis, treatment, and consultation.
Dr. Shahin is a member of the College of Psychologists of British Columbia and the College of Alberta Psychologists.
Examples of issues for which you can access support:
- Stress management and burnout
- Mood disorders (Depression, bipolar disorder, etc.)
- Anxiety, social anxiety, panic disorder, phobias (ex. Specific fears such as fear of needles, heights, etc.)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Trauma, sexual abuse/assault, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationships and family concerns
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (EXRP)
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
To make an appointment with Dr Shahin, please call Changeways Clinic at 604 871 0490 during office hours, or email us at email@example.com.